We appreciate the past and are anxious about our future!
This present ministry known as The Embassy of the Kingdom of God actually began in 1954, and was functioning at that time out of a school bus. As it grew, it moved to a residential house on a street in Oshawa named Byng Avenue.
Further, a church was built beside the house which became the main meeting place for the people… Byng Avenue Pentecostal Church. Over the years the church congregation grew to a size of just over 200 people (adults and children). In the late 1980’s a decision was made to relocate and build significantly larger. This happened with unusual unity and purpose and became a reality with an eight hundred seat auditorium named Community Pentecostal Church.
Then, with continued growth of ministry, the property immediately adjacent to the church was purchased and a brand new larger church auditorium was constructed with a seating capacity of just over 2,500 people. The previous church building was retained and is used as a Family Centre for kids and youth ministry primarily.
Is this the end? Hardly, we pretty much feel that we’re still at the beginning and the best stories are yet to be written and told. We’d love for you to join us and share the excitement of what is clearly the hand of the Lord upon our lives!